For those seeking to sell antique French furniture, this complex and specialised market can often be daunting. This guide will therefore help to lay out your options, including deciding whether to sell antique French furniture online or offline and what your potential buyers will need to know.
The first thing we tend to do these days when we’re looking to buy or sell antiques is to look online. If you Google ‘sell antique French furniture’ you will discover thousands of sites from all over the world and you will start to get inundated with information you won’t know what to do with. So where should you begin?
HOW TO SELL YOUR ANTIQUE FRENCH FURNITURE
If you don’t happen to be an expert it’s advisable to find out as much as you can before you start the process:
- Speak to antique French furniture dealers, specialist websites and auction houses to gauge the value of your item, since it could only be of value to a small number of people so you need to know who they are
- A third-party valuation is useful for you to have when speaking to potential buyers so you will know if the offers they make are in the right ball park
- To sell your antique French furniture online, upload good quality images of the item, as well as any manufacturer marks and most importantly any flaws, scratches or things that could affect the valuation
- Try to assess serious buyers so you don’t get people wasting your time playing ‘sell antique French furniture’ games
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW…
Because of the variables involved, selling antique French furniture is slightly different from selling smaller, more portable items like watches, pens and jewellery. The first thing you should try to find out is simply whether your item is authentic? Do you know when it was made? Do you know who the manufacturer was? Do you have any of the original documentation, including a Certificate of Authenticity?
Maybe the piece has been in your family or years, maybe it too big and cumbersome or maybe you need a fast cash boost. Whatever your reasons, it’s important to understand your options when it comes to selling.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO SELL ANTIQUE FRENCH FURNITURE
Sell with 62days
It’s often far easier to sell antique French furniture online simply because you can’t put it in a bag and take it to High Street vendors. At www.62days.com, we can offer you competitive prices for your antique French furniture and, what’s more, we do it in a safe, secure and trustworthy way.
- 62days is simple: we’re easy to work with and we’ll offer instant cash for your antique French furniture
- Our experts make selling antique French furniture easy and hassle-free for you
- Upload pictures and our experts will give you a fast quote
- We collect your items for FREE and they are insured while in transit between you and us
- Where payment is concerned, we use secure online payment facilities or we can make deposits direct into your bank account
- 62days is different because…you are offered a total of 62 days to change your mind and buy back your antique French furniture for exactly the same price we paid for it. We call that a win/win!
Sell antique French armoires • Sell antique French wardrobes • Sell antique Louis XV furniture • Sell antique Louis XVI furniture • Sell antique Henri II furniture • Sell antique French beds •
Sell antique French Provençal furniture • Sell antique French dressers •
Sell antique French chairs • Sell antique French mirrors
Selling Your Antique French Furniture – Auction
Auction houses sell antique French furniture all the time and will most likely be accurate to the item’s true market value but you need to take a number of factors into consideration –
There are often fees and commissions attached to selling antique French furniture at auction so make sure you ask the auction house what they are and how they are to be paid.
The sale price of your item is largely dependent on how popular it is and who’s in the room on the day. You could be lucky and attract a bidding war between the interested parties but conversely, if there’s a poor turnout, you might end up selling at a price that fails to meet your ideal estimations after the gavel comes down, there’s not a lot to be done.
Selling Your Antique French Furniture – Pawnbrokers
Pawnbrokers don’t ‘buy’ antique French furniture, they lend you an amount of money and you use the item as collateral against the loan. If you want the piece back, you will have to repay the loan amount as well as often extortionate interest rates and admin charges so please be aware of these factors before you enter into an agreement of this type. Generally, pawnbrokers are more often used by those wishing to sell designer jewellery or to sell a rolex watch, but they can often help out with antiques as well.
Selling Your Antique French Furniture – Dealers
Specialist dealers can help you find a buyer, but can also sometimes charge valuation fees, fees for finding you interested buyers and fees for selling your items on. Also remember that if they offer to buy your item from you, their offers may be less than you could achieve through a private sale, since they are thinking about their profit margin.
Selling Your Antique French Furniture – Peer-To-Peer Trading Sites
On peer-to-peer sites, you have no idea who your potential purchasers are and you can find that perfect buyer willing to pay above the odds. However, you can also find yourself facing few takers or people wasting your time playing ‘sell antique French furniture’ games. In addition, you need to be aware of issues surrounding communication with as well as payments (or lack of) and deliveries and collections. Make sure you follow any security guidelines issued by the service itself as well as any official advice from police.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NOW
If you’re after cash for your antique French furniture today speak to our experts at 62days and we’ll give you a fast, no-obligation offer.