How to Sell Gold and Silver Bracelets Online
The internet is the world’s biggest marketplace. You can buy virtually anything and you can sell virtually anything but it is only relatively recently that consumers have felt safe enough to sell jewellery online, thanks to secure, reputable sites like 62days.com.
Providing you follow our clear, interesting and easy to read guide, you won’t have to play ‘sell bracelet’ haggling games with strangers, you’ll have the key information at hand to make the right decision.
GOLD AND SILVER BRACELETS – A SHORT HISTORY
The word ‘bracelet’ comes from the Latin word ‘brachium’, meaning ‘arm’ and while bracelets were worn in ancient Egypt, they were made from grass or shells. It was only after about 1600 BC that bracelets were made from gold and silver and they were a symbol of wealth and status.
SELLING BRACELETS – WHAT TO CONSIDER
The first thing to consider when deciding to sell your gold or silver bracelet online is making sure you know what it is you have.
The purity of the gold or silver content goes a long way in determining the value of your bracelet –
Gold: Gold jewellery is most commonly made from 9 or 18 carat gold because 24 carat is too soft to be used. Put simply, the higher the gold content, the higher the value of your gold.
- 24 carat gold is almost 100% pure – 24 parts out of 24 parts gold
- 18 carat gold is 75% pure – 18 parts gold, 25% hardening agent, such as zinc, copper or silver
- 9 carat gold is 37.5% pure, 9 parts gold, 62.5% hardening agent
Silver: Fine silver, which is 99.9% pure will have ‘999’ stamped on the hallmark and is too soft to be used for jewellery. Sterling silver, which the majority of silver bracelets are made from, is 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper and will have ‘925’ stamped on it.
Before you sell your bracelet, ask yourself a few questions –
- Do you need to sell your bracelet quickly for cash?
- Who should I sell my bracelet to?
Security: Security should be your number one consideration when selling your gold or silver bracelet online. Ensure the route you opt for offers you 100% secure payment options and thoroughly research the companies you find, read client testimonials and even contact the relevant trade organisations for additional peace of mind.
Preparation: Let an independent jeweller value your gold or silver bracelet. Your prospective buyer will be more confident if he can see a third-party valuation. In addition, have all the relevant paperwork to hand so your buyer can quickly and easily verify what you have.
Ease of Sale: Selling bracelets on the internet is designed specifically so that it’s easy and hassle-free. You certainly don’t want to be travelling halfway round the country with no guarantee of a sale so find a market-leading online company with a stellar reputation like 62days.com to make the sale of your gold and silver bracelets an enjoyable, stress-free experience. Also, ask yourself if the method you’ve chosen to sell your bracelet guarantees a sale. You don’t want to spend time and money on the sale process if you’re not sure what the end result might be.
Your Financial Liability: Selling bracelets online can mean you being charged fees or commission so before you embark on the sale process, know what your liability is. It could mean a significant difference to the amount of money you finally end up with.
Flexibility: Selling your gold and silver jewellery is often a brave step so if you have any concerns whatsoever, make sure you find a company that offers a cooling off period, i.e. an amount of time that allows you to buy back your items for exactly the same amount as you sold them for and not one pound more, like 62days.
The Gold & Silver Markets: Like almost every commodity, gold and silver fluctuates daily, and while waiting a few days won’t necessarily double the price of your gold or silver bracelet, it may mean a few extra pounds in your pocket.
SELLING GOLD AND SILVER BRACELETS ONLINE
- Websites like www.62days.com are safe, reliable and 100% secure and will offer you instant quotes and fast cash for your gold and silver bracelets
- Quotes are free along with collections and deliveries and you have the backing of TRUSTe, the internet’s leading online piracy provider.
- Once you sell, you have 62 days to change your mind and to buy back your bracelet for exactly the same amount as we bought it for.
- We have a panel of jewellery experts on hand to value your bracelet and they are available online or on the phone should you have any questions.
- Selling bracelets is easy and safe with 62days.com and you can do it from the comfort of your home or office. All you need to do is upload a photograph of your gold and silver bracelet and we’ll send you an instant quote.
- As we are an internet business, we can offer you extremely competitive prices for your bracelets and any other valuables you have.
- We only use secure payment methods including PayPal, Google Checkout, Neteller, Moneybookers and directly into your bank account.
- Your items are collected and delivered by FedEx and are insured while in transit.
There are a number of different ways to sell your bracelet online but it’s worth nothing that certain ‘peer-to-peer’ sites make you feel like you’re playing ‘sell bracelet’ roulette so make sure you focus on security, delivery and payments.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NOW
If you’ve decided, the sale process can commence.
If you’d like to see how much you could get for your gold and silver bracelet instantly with an expert quotation from 62days, upload your item now for a quick, free online quote.