Rolex watches are sought after items that are at the very top of the luxury watch market. So for those of you who own a Rolex but have decided to look at your options for selling it to raise some additional capital, then our guide to selling Rolex watches will help you on your way.
Therefore, instead of wasting your time playing ‘sell Rolex watch’ games with buyers who aren’t serious, you can read this guide for all the information and facts you’ll need to sell a Rolex watch.
ROLEX WATCHES – A HISTORY
The company was founded in 1905 by Hans Wilsdorf and, so the story goes (though it was never confirmed by Wilsdorf himself), the name Rolex came from the French phrase horlogerie exquise meaning ‘exquisite clockwork’. Now, as they were then, Rolex watches are considered to be a status symbol and early examples of Rolex watches as well as rare Rolex watches are prized possessions in the collections of the world’s foremost watch collectors.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO SELL A ROLEX WATCH?
Rolex watches vary dramatically in value and they are acquired in a number of different ways, so there will inevitably be a number of different reasons why you want to sell. The best advice is to always take as much time as you need to ensure you are making the best decision for your needs, research the market as much as possible and, as an aid, read this guide and get our useful tips.
Money – You can sell a Rolex watch both online and on the High Street but if you need a quick turnaround, you’ll probably have to accept less than it’s really worth.
Fashion – Even Rolex watches go in and out of fashion! Maybe you want to sell a Rolex watch for a more recent model or you may even want to sell a Rolex watch and look at other brands.
Inheritance – Rolex watches are often passed on in Wills and selling a rare Rolex watch or selling a vintage Rolex watch will often realise a lot more money than you think!
HOW TO SELL A ROLEX WATCH
Selling Rolex watches has its pros and cons and there have been so many different variations and models over the years, it’s hardly ever a case of listing it online and then waiting for responses. Serious collectors – the ones who pay top money – are looking for more than just photographs.
- Know exactly what Rolex watch you have in terms of the model, the serial number and if possible, the year of manufacture.
- Speak to a watch specialist, otherwise known as a ‘horologist’, and ask him or her to value your Rolex watch. Your prospective buyer will be far more confident if they can see an independent, third-party valuation.
- Have all the watch’s documentation, paperwork and cases ready for the buyer.
- If you want to sell a Rolex watch online, take photographs that show your potential buyers the most intricate detail.
Selling A Rolex Watch at Auction
There are a number of auction houses up and down the country that specialise in jewellery and watches but, as you know, selling Rolex watches in this way does come with both pros and cons.
The watch gets sold and you have done what you came for – to sell a Rolex watch – but if the room is quiet, you might not get what you expected and if you’re not happy with the final price, there’s not a lot you can do about it.
You can of course set a reserve price but if the bidding doesn’t get that high, you’re back to square one.
In addition, there can be quite significant fees attached to selling Rolex watches at auction so beware of what they are well in advance.
Selling A Rolex Watch on the Internet
The world is a giant free market now thanks to the advent of safe and secure online sites like www.62days.com:
- We are secure, reliable and 100% free and we will offer you a quick, easy and safe way to sell a Rolex watch from the comfort of your own home.
- 62days provides a secure way to sell a Rolex watch online. Our quotes are free and collections are both free and insured using FedEx.
- In addition, once you sell a Rolex watch using 62days, we give you a 62 day cooling off period.
- Upload a photograph of your Rolex watch or describe it to our experts and we’ll send you an instant quote which you can either accept or decline.
- At www.62days.com we always give our customers the best prices for Rolex watches.
- We use secure payment methods including PayPal, Google Checkout, Neteller, Moneybookers and directly into your bank account.
When you’re researching ways to sell a Rolex watch online, keep in mind that some peer-to-peer sites can occasionally make you feel like you’re playing ‘sell Rolex watch’ poker and can involve an element of risk so be wary of issues surrounding payments, communication with your potential buyers and postage and delivery.
Selling Rolex Watches with 62days
If you are considering selling a Rolex watch, it is worth remembering that at 62days we can offer our clients competitive prices for selling Rolex watches across the entire product range, allowing people to:
- Sell Rolex Datejust watch
- Sell Rolex Oyster watch
- Sell Rolex Day-Date watch
- Sell Rolex Daytona watch
- Sell Rolex Deepsea watch
- Sell Rolex Explorer watch
- Sell Rolex GMT-Master II watch
- Sell Rolex Milgauss watch
- Sell Rolex Submariner watch
- Sell Rolex Yacht-Master II watch
We can also offer you excellent prices for selling ladies Rolex watches, selling vintage Rolex watches and selling rare Rolex watches and watches from the new 2012 collection including the Sky-Dweller, the updated Submariner, Datejust, Daytona and Yacht-Master ranges as well as the Lady Datejust.
OTHER WAYS TO SELL A ROLEX WATCH
Pawnbroker – Pawnbrokers will offer you money for your Rolex watch and use it as collateral against a loan. They will hold it until the term of your loan agreement ends, at which point you can buy it back (but this will incur heavy interest and admin charges) or keep the money, at which point the watch belongs to the pawnbroker.
Watch Dealers – If you have an antique, vintage or rare Rolex watch, a watch dealer will value it or they may even want to buy it themselves (again, usually for less than its true market value since its likely they will sell it on for a profit). They may also put you in touch with other dealers or Rolex watch collectors but, again, this might incur ‘finders’ fees.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NOW
If you’d like to earn additional income by selling a Rolex watch with an expert quotation from 62days, simply upload a photo of your watch today.