A popular luxury brand, a Zenith watch is often a highly sought after item and can fetch a strong price in the second hand market. So if you’re seeking to cash in, there’s a whole host of ways to sell Zenith watches. If you read this article from start to finish, we’ll tell you about Zenith watches and their value, where to sell Zenith watches and how to sell Zenith watches safely, quickly and easily.
WHAT IS A ZENITH WATCH?
Zenith watches are expensive, high-end timepieces known for quality and precision. Started in Switzerland in 1865 by 22-year old Georges Favre-Jacot, Zenith is one of the few remaining Swiss watch manufacturers that still produce their own movements in-house and is still headquartered in the building where the company started over 150 years ago.
TYPES OF ZENITH WATCHES
There are a number of Zenith watches in the collection and before you start the sale process, it’s advisable to know exactly what you have to sell. Are you looking to –
- Sell Zenith Academy Watch
- Sell Zenith El Primero Watch
- Sell Zenith Captain Watch
- Sell Zenith Pilot Watch
- Sell Zenith Heritage Watch
- Sell Zenith Pocket Watch
- Sell Zenith Chronomaster Watch
MY OPTIONS TO SELL A ZENITH WATCH
Zenith watches are specialist timepieces so you need to research the market and your available options in order to sell your Zenith watch for the highest price.
Sell a Zenith Watch Online
One of the first methods people usually turn to when they want to sell their Zenith Watch is the internet. There are many companies out there who buy second hand luxury watches and many of them will make you an offer for a good quality Zenith watch. Keep in mind that some of these firms may ask you to send them your watch yourself, so make sure you send it securely and think about getting insurance for the transportation. Equally, you could try turning to a peer-to-peer auction site to sell your watch. This can be a quick and easy approach but make sure you set a reserve price as well as following any security advice from the service itself and the police before selling to strangers. There are also the obvious issues surrounding giving out personal details and payments so you need to ensure you are dealing with people you can trust. Check their feedback and history and if you can, talk to previous sellers about their experiences.
Selling a Zenith Watch at Auction
A lot of auction houses sell Zenith watches and the auction process should realise a good price as long as there are willing buyers in the room. Be aware of the commissions and fees associated with selling a Zenith watch at auction and you always have the failsafe of setting a reserve price. Remember, if there’s no interest in the room that particular day, you could be left trying to find other ways to sell your Zenith watch.
Selling a Zenith Watch to a Pawnbroker
A pawnbroker will usually value your Zenith watch at the lower end of the spectrum and will give you a loan using the watch as collateral. Many people use pawnbrokers to raise funds when they are looking to sell gold, sell diamond jewellery or sell an engagement ring. Keep in mind that if you want the watch back for any reason, you will need to pay back the loan as well as interest on the loan within 6-12 months. If you don’t come back within the specified timeframe, the watch becomes their property and they can sell it on.
Selling a Zenith Watch to a Dealer
Watch dealers, like any other dealer or trader will value your Zenith watch but bear in mind that if they offer to buy your Zenith watch, the offer could be on the low side as they will be looking to sell it on at a mark-up. If you want a fast sale for your Zenith watch this could be a good option but it’s worth spending the extra time researching a number of offers first.
WHY USE 62DAYS TO SELL MY ZENITH WATCH?
Of course you are afforded choice where to sell your Zenith watch but at 62days, we make the process effortless. You are in control of the sale process and we will offer you a safe and transparent way to sell your Zenith watch –
- Your quote and collection are FREE and insured while the piece is in transit. We use FedEx for all our collections and deliveries and you have the backing of TRUSTe, the internet’s most secure online privacy provider
- If you have any reservations post-sale, you can buy the watch back for exactly the same amount we paid you for it within 62 days and we will send it back to you for free
- All you need to do is upload up to five good quality photographs along with a short description and you will receive your FREE valuation
- As established industry experts, we can offer you extremely competitive prices for your Zenith watch
- We can pay straight into your bank account or via PayPal or Google Checkout
WHAT DO I NEED TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN SELLING A ZENITH WATCH?
When you sell Zenith watches, there are a few things you need to be mindful of –
- Zenith watches vary in style, age, rarity and condition so it’s advisable to research the market, look for similar pieces online at sites like 62days and in jewellers. Once you have this information, selling Zenith watches becomes much easier
- Have your Zenith watch valued by an independent jeweller or by the experts at 62days
- Make sure you have any associated documentation, such as the receipt and Certificate of Authenticity. Also, the watch becomes more valuable if you have the original box or packaging
Why do you want to sell your Zenith watch? If you want to release funds quickly, you can sell your Zenith watch for cash on plenty of websites but be wary of low offers. If you have an antique Zenith watch, a rare Zenith watch or a vintage Zenith watch, the demand outweighs the supply and you could realise a very high price but remember, your sentimental value may not necessarily equate to the monetary value.
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY ZENITH WATCH?
As we’ve alluded to, Zenith watches aren’t standard items and at 62days, we have Zenith watch experts ready to offer you a FREE, no obligation valuation. If you decide not to sell your Zenith watch, you don’t have to.
WHAT CAN YOU DO NOW?
All you have to do to sell Zenith watches is to upload your pictures and we will send you your FREE, no obligation quotation. It really is that easy!